Saturday, July 21, 2012

Zombies of Iwo Jima by Dane Hatchell

Zombies of Iwo Jima by Dane Hatchell


Zombies of Iwo Jima by Dane Hatchell is a fun corpse tale with a historical gimmick.  For the most part this is a free sample of his current zombie novel, but he does toss us this undead bone with a hunk of ghoulish raw meat on it.  I didn’t read the novel excerpts. 

Instead of alternate history, Dane gives us “substitution” history.  He adds a deadly mix of zombies to the monumental battle in a traditional style that zombie fans are sure to enjoy.  I really liked his characters for such a short work, and his reason for bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima blends very well into the zombie mythology.

I give this story three severed heads.  It’s per5fect for a quick horror break..

p.s. I have a feeling zombie fans will like his zombie novel.  I may read one myself.

Heads Will Roll,
Everette Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment