Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shreds of Humanity by M.J. Hangge

Shreds of Humanity by M.J. Hangge


Shreds of Humanity by M’J. Hangge seemed like an awesome concept, zombie destruction of humankind from the perspective of the walking dead.  In ironic fashion, it did not live up to my expectations.  In fact, for me it was dead on arrival.  I managed five or six chapters before I quit.  It was just continuous thought perspective from the zombie, like a stream of dead consciousness.  There were no characters or plot for me to grab onto. 

Normally, if I quit a book I wouldn’t even review it because I don’t think it’s fair to a writer to pass judgment without having experienced the whole thing.  But I am mentioning it because I might not be a hard-core enough zombie fan to get it.  I will say I wanted to love this book, so I can’t help but wonder if this was a personal failure rather than a bad book.

I feel like there are several hard-core zombie fans in the Wartooth Horde.  Someone post a review if you care to that can encourage me to try again.  Not to mention, I don’t want to dissuade other hard-core fans from a potentially great read.

How many heads would you give it?  Should I try again?

Heads Will Roll,
Everette Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment